Saturday, July 25, 2015

Angela Bassett

Today I will blog about Angela Bassett, she was on the Disney Channel movie Akeelah and the Bee.  She played Akeelah's mother in that movie.  Bassett was also in the movie The Rosa Parks Story, she played the character Rosa Parks.

Ms. Angela is in another cartoon movie that I've previously blogged about called Our Friend Martin.  Bassett did the voice of the one of the Mothers in the movie.

I did not know Angela Bassett was doing the voices of cartoons.  Now I know I should not judge or type cast people in limited acting roles.

I read in this movie that they actually used the voice of Bull Connor.  Bull Connor was a tough police official that tried to stop Civil Right protestors.

He died a long time ago.  So they had to use film editing technology to use his voice if that's what they were able to do.

Angela's parents are Daniel Benjamin Basset and Betty Jane Bassett.  Ms. Bassett was born in August 16, 1958 in Harlem, New York City.  And I thought she was born in Hollywood.  Now I know I should read instead of asking people when Celebrity's where born.  And I do not want to drive people crazy.

My father has had a play crush on Angela for years. It's not a real crush.  But he probably had one because she is very beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment